A beautiful yard is an eye-catcher for property seekers. Some owners go the extra mile to boost the curb appeal of their yard, while buyers prepare more than their budget to get a property that is paradise to them.
But turning a yard into paradise is not an easy job. It will cost you time and money, apart from the hard work that it entails. The benefits, though, will outweigh all of these once you get to hang out in the space that you created.
If you want your boring and lifeless yard to turn into a gorgeous green paradise, here are the tips and tricks that may just be what you need to spruce it up:
1. Simple Backyard Landscaping Ideas
Even if you have a limited budget, there are simple but aesthetically pleasing ways to upgrade your yard. Try these easy yard upgrading ideas:
- A good spring clean-up or good tidying can take your yard from drab to fab. All you need are simple garden tools to clear up the leaves and rubbish and remove the weeds. Brush dirt from garden pavers and power-wash grimy walls.
- Recycle unused kitchen or household stuff like an old colander or shoes and transform them into hanging baskets for your plants in your yard. Recycled DIY hanging baskets can just add a splash of color to your yard.
- Use old storage solutions like unused cabinets as a potting table or a vertical planter. You can weatherproof wooden cabinets to make them durable when it rains or snows.
- Let your plants overgrow. Do not be tempted to cut and prune every time you see an overgrowth. You can leave nature to grow on its own and discover the beauty that it brings to your yard.
2. Backyard Landscaping Ideas Along Fence
If you have a fence in your yard, you can spruce it up to create a sweet spot with these tips:
- Plant bamboos to serve as drapes along your wooden fence
- Install wood pallet roofing with climbers that will cascade down
- Create a modern corner firepit with hardy bushes along your fence
- Soften a farm-style fence with low growing flowering plants like daffodils
- Fill the side of the fence with your favorite plants and flowers in built-in planters
- Line the inside and outside of your wrought iron fence with colorful flowering plants
- Plant climbers along your trellis-style fence to create a softer feel
- Fill the gaps of your concrete fence with dense flowering plants
- Plant privacy hedges behind our wood fencing for a more intimate enclosure
3. Cheap Landscaping Ideas to Improve Your Yard
You can upgrade your yard without having to hire a professional landscaping company, especially if you have a tight budget. Try these cheap DIY landscaping tips to beautify your yard:
- Solid cement and sandstone planters
- Fun flower boxes
- Blend flowers and greenery
- Create dimensions with plants
- Flower beds
- Solitude with shrubbery
- Plant some trees
- Multi-purpose mulch
- Relaxed river rock
- Unique and useful walkways
- Quaint string lighting
- Big boulders
- Scenic birdbaths
Mix flowers with greenery as you design your yard, considering elements like dimension and focal points to freshen up your yard. Doing it on your own can be the best tip for a cheap yard upgrade. Research and watch videos on the internet on how to do it.
4. Small Yard Landscaping Ideas
So, even if you have limited space in your yard, you can still spruce it up to make it feel more cozy and fresh. Make your small yard an oasis where you can entertain your friends or where your family can simply hang out after a long day with these tricks:
- Use vertical space
- Built-in seating
- Make a floating deck
- Mix ground cover materials
- Multipurpose landscaping elements to fill ‘waster’ space
- Create terraces for garden beds
- Design an inviting entertaining space or outdoor living room
- Expand your garden area and add a walkway to build a private space
- Build a cozy outdoor kitchen
- Blur the boundary between your indoor and outdoor space
5. Use Bin Liners
If you want to get rid of eye-sore weeds but do not like to poison them, you can cover weed-ridden areas of your yard with a bin liner or sheet and then weigh them down with rocks. Rocks can add natural aesthetics to your yard and the plastic edging will keep weeds from growing.
6. Clean and Transform the Deck
Create an outdoor living space in your yard by ramping up your existing deck, if you have one. Add solar-powered fairy lights or bulbs, plump cushions, an outdoor sofa, side tables, and other furniture for a great yard update.
7. Upgrade Your Fence
Adding a splash of different colors to your fence can instantly upgrade your yard. If you have a picket fence, be creative and paint each strip with different complementary colors that likewise complement the overall design of your house.
8. Create a Shady Corner
Hanging a parasol with a bright pattern or recycling an old sail or sheet can provide a nice shade in your yard during summer. It adds color to your yard and creates a cool and relaxing space for you to hang out in.
9. Grow Plants That Thrive Easily
Spruce up your yard with flowering plants, vegetables, and herbs. You will enjoy both food and beauty even if you don’t have a green thumb. Here are simple varieties of plants that can easily grow in your yard, like:
10. DIY Water Features
Flowing water offers a relaxing sound when you are out in your yard trying to relax after a long hard day. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to add a water feature to upgrade your yard. A DIY idea for a water feature can be using an iron teapot and an old whiskey barrel to build a fountain waterfall.
Follow these tips and tricks to upgrade your yard and you will find yourself sitting in your own oasis just outside of your home.
More from Big Easy Landscaping
No matter what your inspiration or landscaping design goals are, Big Easy Landscaping has the solutions you are looking for that can bring your vision into reality. We are a trusted New Orleans Landscaping company that services both residential and commercial properties on their landscaping needs.
Our reliable and trustworthy landscape designers can help you create the lawn of your dreams, sculpt the perfect landscape pathway or install an attractive water feature.