Dining alfresco is a trending concept with home and business owners. Living spaces inside are finding their way to the comfort and beauty of outdoor living.
Outdoor kitchens emerged with this trend together with outdoor bedrooms and living rooms. There are new styles and designs emerging capturing the luxury of open-air dining with trendy outdoor dining amenities and kitchen appliances here at Big Easy Landscaping.
Outdoor kitchens are sometimes called ‘dirty kitchens’ in Asian countries with the same idea of constructing a separate or adjoining outdoor space for cooking. The main reason for such isolation or separation is fire safety, keeping the smoke and fuel out, and keeping charcoal dust and oil grime out.
Whatever this alfresco outdoor space is called, this type of kitchen serves one purpose: the glory and luxury of cooking outdoors.
Dig into the Best Reasons Why You Should Have an Outdoor Kitchen for your Home and Business
Aside from prepping, cooking, and eating meals alfresco-style, an outdoor kitchen has many other delightful benefits. The mouth-watering smell of grilling food is not the greatest win with an outdoor kitchen. Take a plunge into the other downright drool-worthy benefits:
- Odors of cooking and preparing food remain outside the house. Not all cooking and food have a pleasant smell so with an outside kitchen, you maintain the pleasing ambiance of your indoor space at home or your business.Cooking odiferous foods like seafood and deep-fried food can have odors that linger for days and somehow stick to any fabric. Cooking outside will keep your home and business space smelling fresh and clean.
- Increase the value of your home and business establishment. An outdoor kitchen will give you a high rate of return on your financial investment. Many outdoor kitchen amenities and appliances are manufactured to last for many years so you need not worry about the functionality of your outdoor kitchen through time.
- A great space for entertaining friends, family, and guests. Everyone can hang out with the cook in an outdoor kitchen because there is much more space than in a crowded indoor kitchen. Guests can gather around the BBQ grill or the outdoor fireplace and socialize while food is being prepared.
With technologically advanced amenities for the outdoor kitchen, you can increase the comfort of your party guests as they chill, dine, and socialize.
- Energy-efficient. Cooking outside will not stress out your air conditioning because the heat from cooking outside will not raise your indoor temperature. It’s a good way to save on energy even when you bake, fry, roast, and broil food. When you save energy, you save on utility bills as well, especially during the summer.
- A Healthier Lifestyle. Fresh air and sunshine have been scientifically proven to naturally boost mood and lower anxiety. Thus, an outdoor kitchen like other outdoor living spaces do a lot of good for your mental health.
Grilling enhances the taste of food and eating grilled food is better for your waistline, too because fat drips off meats, so you get healthier food with fewer calories.
- A ready-made convenient venue for special occasions. Outdoor kitchens make enjoying and preparing food for special occasions a breeze. Outdoor spaces are becoming the trendy choice for venues in celebrating weddings, birthdays, pool parties, family barbecues, and the like.
Trendy Outdoor Kitchen Ideas that will Make your Guests Stay
Your number one consideration when designing your outdoor kitchen is durability. Everything has to be water-proofed whether you opt for a prefab, semi-custom, or fully customized outdoor kitchen.
Check the top selected outdoor kitchen products and reviews so that you can make a wiser decision on how you will design your outdoor kitchen to last for years to come. There are portable tables and storage cabinets, stainless steel premium grills, artisan Pizza ovens, and so much more!
You can also select from a variety of outdoor kitchen amenities like furniture, decor, shades, heating and cooling amenities, storage, and lighting to enhance the functionality and style of your outdoor kitchen.
Here are some outdoor kitchen ideas and tips that will make your guests come and stay:
- Layout: Simple Line, L-shape, or U-shape configuration. Depending on your budget and available space, you can choose an outdoor kitchen configuration that will blend with the architecture of your home or business space.
Customize by arranging the grille flanked by bases with cabinetry and countertops, and assign designated spots for a sink, mini-refrigerator, and storage.
- Plan your space. You can build a perfect outdoor kitchen on an existing patio or deck and just add grills, counters, and other elements like dining and lounging furniture.Make sure you will have enough space to accommodate everything you want your outdoor kitchen to have. The typical components of an outdoor kitchen include but are not limited to:
- Grills – place it so smoke blows away from people
- Eating areas – provide ample space for walking behind the seated guests, enough distance from stairs, and under-counter legroom
- Countertop space – for preparing food and holding a variety of items
- Features that meet your needs. You can contemplate additions to your outdoor kitchen that will meet your needs and your budget. You may very well consider:
- Built-in or Portable Grill
- Built-in or portable cabinets and storage areas
- Vent hood
- Pizza Oven
- Mobile Food and beverage carts
- Infrared Sear Zones
- Kitchen fireplace or fire pit
- Bar and outdoor bar carts
- Lighting Features
If you’re on a budget, check out the outdoor kitchen ideas for small-scale outdoor kitchen construction or additions. You can still enjoy the fun of cooking and dining alfresco without spending a hefty amount of money.
A Sizzling New Level of Outdoor Living with an Outdoor Kitchen
Family, friends, and guests will always agree on whipping up savory food in an outdoor kitchen that provides a wonderful entertaining, socializing, and relaxing space.
Create a sizzling new level of outdoor living space in your home and business establishment with an outdoor kitchen that will definitely make your guests want to stay and come back for more.