Keep Your Landscape Healthy With Our New Orleans Drainage Service
“April showers bring May flowers…” but here in New Orleans, our rain is a bit more than a little “shower.” Heavy rains can severely damage your landscaping, washing away root systems and soil and taking important nutrients from your gardens. After a major rainstorm, remaining pools of water can become homes for mosquitoes and drown your already-traumatized flowers.
Don’t let the New Orleans rains wreak havoc on your garden – give us a call! Our reliable NOLA drainage service creates safe paths for runoff from rain, using surface drainage, subsurface drainage, irrigation, and other techniques that can keep your garden healthy.
How Drainage Helps Your Landscape
When rain saturates your soil, you need a way to direct the water away from your landscape to a drainage creek, storm drain, or underground drainage system, so it can flow away from your home and back into a larger body of water.
When directing water away from the soil, it’s important to avoid taking too much water; especially if you’ve installed an irrigation system, such as sprinklers, you don’t want to starve your plants of water as you attempt to drain excess rain.
With our drainage service, we carry a variety of products that can pull water away from your plants and toward a safer drainage route without taking too much moisture:
- With surface drainage systems, our landscaper will install trenches – sometimes reinforced with pipes, gravel, or specialized fabric – to eliminate unwanted standing water that pools in your garden after a rain. Instead of sitting in your flowerbeds or around your trees (harboring mosquitoes and slowly killing your plants) the water will move above ground from your home to a proper drainage outlet.
- If you have problems with saturated soil, talk with our landscape architect about subsurface drainage systems. Subsurface drainage pulls water that the soil has absorbed so that your plants don’t “drown” after a rainstorm; after pulling the extra moisture from the ground around the plants, the system directs that water toward an outlet away from your garden to drain, leaving your plants happy and healthy.
Our Other Landscaping Services
If lack of drainage has injured some of your plants, or if you’ve decided you’d like to change the look or flow of your landscape, let us know; in addition to drainage systems, we provide landscaping services to the area.
- Irrigation Systems & In-Ground Sprinklers: Combined with a proper drainage system, these can keep specific areas of your landscape lush without the danger of oversaturated plants.
- Landscaping Enhancements: Some examples of landscaping enhancements include walking trails or specific plant configurations; these provide a natural path for wandering through your flower beds and enjoying your yard.
- Landscape Lighting, Path Lighting, and Accent Lighting: Lights will help provide safety when walking after dark – you don’t want to trip on a path stone, step, or fallen branch – and make your garden look more welcoming.
- Landscape Maintenance: With this service, you can relax when garden chores need to be completed – we’ll keep your yard healthy and clean with weeding, pruning, mulching, mowing, and more.
- Sod & Fill Dirt: These are useful when you’d like to turn a new area of your landscaping into a lawn area, or if pooling water or erosion has destroyed part of an existing lawn.
- Water Features: Whether you’re looking for something as small as a bubbling fountain or as grand as a koi pond – or anything in-between – these can and add complexity to your design.
- Concrete Driveways: Let us clean the oil stains in your concrete driveway, repair your driveway cracks, and stain your driveway a color that you love.
- Landscape Construction: We provide full landscape construction services, if you’d like to completely re-landscape your yard or have recently purchased a home with a yard in need of new landscaping.
- Outdoor Kitchens: These allow you to enjoy your time with your guests on the patio while creating delicious dishes to share – and take your patio hosting to the next level.
- Walkways: A variety of materials can be used to make a walkway around your home or through your landscaping, to help add aesthetic value and keep you from slipping on wet grass after a rain.
- Pergolas & Gazebos: A shelter from the hot sun, these provide a fantastic space for hosting everything from large events to close family gatherings.
- Pavestone Driveways: If you’re looking for a low-maintenance driveway, talk with us about installing high-quality pavestones: not only are they nearly maintenance-free, but they come in a variety of shapes and patterns.
- New Orleans Patios: Take pride in your New Orleans lifestyle by installing a stylish patio made of natural stone, flagstone, brick, and more.
- Outdoor Home Decks: Building an outdoor deck increases the value of your home, and keeps your barbeque and social activities close to the rest of your indoor space.
About Big Easy Landscaping
We’re a husband-and-wife team whose personal hobby of landscaping our yard turned into a passion for bringing lush landscapes to others in the Louisiana area. Big Easy Landscaping has been providing landscaping services to the area for more than a decade – talking with homeowners about their ideal landscape architecture, biggest drainage struggles, and needed maintenance to deliver a worry-free natural retreat in your backyard.
- Our reliable landscaping team will create a plan with you for your drainage system, and won’t deviate from that plan without talking with you first.
- We’re a trusted choice for the New Orleans area, having dealt with local yard drainage issues for more than 14 years.
- Talk with us about any upcoming parties or events, and our efficient landscaper will work to complete your drainage system in time for your guests to enjoy your landscape.
- We take our reputation as trustworthy landscapers seriously; we won’t over-promise results or skimp on quality.
- Because of our hard work and great results, we’re a popular choice for quality landscaping in the city.
- Through the dozens of projects we’ve completed, our customers have recommended us time and time again for our beautiful landscape architecture.
- If you’re interested in learning more about the results we bring our customers, feel free to call us and ask about our standout reviews.
- At Big Easy Landscaping, we know that you need quality work, and won’t leave until every detail of your project is completed to your satisfaction.
- Our respectable team will clean up after ourselves so that you can enjoy your landscape.
- If you need a remarkable yard, we offer services for patios, outdoor kitchens, and full-sized fountains that are sure to impress.
- We’re proud to be highly-reviewed for our ability to complete a landscaping project efficiently.
- Our landscape maintenance services will help you keep your yard looking good while you relax.
- If you want a yard that looks great, feels welcoming, and provides a space to host guests – call us.
Directions to our Conveniently Located Business
From Garden District
● Drive northeast on Coliseum Street, going toward Third Street
● At the first cross street onto Third Street: Turn right
● At the third cross street onto Magazine Street: Turn right
● We’ll be on your left, at 3436 Magazine Street, Suite 120-A
From Lyons Recreation Center
● Drive southeast on Louisiana Avenue, going toward Tchoupitoulas Street
● At Tchoupitoulas Street: Turn right
● At Aline Street: Turn right
● At Magazine Street: Turn right
● We’ll be on your right, at 3436 Magazine Street, Suite 120-A
From Park Place Tire & Auto Center
● Drive west on Tchoupitoulas Street, going toward Sixth Street
● At Louisiana Avenue: Turn right
● At Constance Street: Turn left
● At Delachaise Street: Turn right
● At the first cross street onto Magazine Street: Turn right
● We’ll be on your right, at 3436 Magazine Street, Suite 120-A
About New Orleans – the “Big Easy”
New Orleans is full of good food, historic landmarks, fantastic festivals, and kid-friendly activities. We love living in the NOLA area!
Here are some of the remarkable things to do in the city:
● Abita Mystery House: This quirky museum in Abita Springs showcases everything from Louisiana-inspired sculptures to quirky cultural items.
● Bogue Falaya Wayside Park: This peaceful park in Covington has a beautiful creek and treegrove, alongside a playground for the kids.
● Children’s Museum of St. Tammamy: This highly-rated children’s museum in Mandeville provides opportunities for kids to learn about the world around them through playful activities.
● Lake Pontchatrain Basin Maritime Museum: In Madisonville, this museum presents the history of boating in the area – a key part of Louisiana’s past and present.
● Palmer Park Arts Market: Stop by Palmer Park for their monthly arts market to see some truly incredible local craftsmanship.
● Boating at Heritage Park: Create a boating adventure of your own at Heritage Park in Slidell! The park has a boat launch, a splash pad for kids, and a walking area.
Additional / Helpful Resources
Why Do I Have Standing Water In My Yard? (American Home Shield)
Garden Drainage – How To Correct Yard Drainage (Gardening.com)
Solutions to stave off standing water for gardens with poor drainage (Chicago Tribune)
Address: 3436 Magazine St., Suite 120-A
New Orleans, LA 70115
8 am to 6 pm Monday through Saturday
Closed Sundays and holidays